Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Three Beautiful Things 09/27/18: Breakfast in Rose Lake, Circumventing Kennewick, Dinner at the Turner's

1. I left Kellogg, headed for the Turner's house in Gladstone, OR, before I ate anything at home. I stopped at the new restaurant in Cataldo -- it has Roadhouse in its name -- for breakfast, but I wasn't carrying cash and, as of now, this new place only takes local checks and cash.

I thought I might go to CdA for breakfast, but suddenly decided I'd go to the Rose Lake Restaurant where I enjoyed a Senior Breakfast of hash browns, eggs, and toast.

2. For reasons I don't really understand, I always enjoy stopping at the Starbucks in Ritzville. I grabbed a cafe au lait and a chocolate croissant and sat in the store for about ten minutes before I hit the road again.

On the road, I decided I didn't want to go through Kennewick when I reached the Tri-Cities, so I took the I-182 over to I-82 and headed on south to I-84. I think circumventing Kennewick takes a little longer -- I'm not sure --, but I enjoyed moving forward without stopping at traffic lights the way I'd have to in Kennewick.

3. It was a great evening at the Turner's. Terry and I split a superb bottle of Oakshire's Perfect Storm Double IPA before plunging into our dinner of quinoa and squash bits, potato and leek soup, and baguette. Later on, as a nightcap, Terry offered me a wee dram of Rogue's Single Malt American Whiskey, a great pleasure.

No comments: