Saturday, November 10, 2018

Three Beautiful Things 11/08/18: Get the Bite Rite, Soupy Afternoon, The Deke Called

1. New crowns often require fine tuning to get the bite right. I ambled down to the dentist's office twice today for some fine tuning. Each short, painless session improved my bite and I will be returning Monday and we'll see if a little more work is needed and I'll get fitted for my protective night guard.

2. I messed around in the kitchen this afternoon and made some vegetable noodle soup using chicken stock I had stored in the freezer. After I finsihed making the soup, I had a bright idea: why not make it into a stroganoff soup? So I added some sour cream to it and loved it and then I had my second bright idea: why not fold the left over beef and tofu stroganoff leftover from family dinner into this soup? I did it and I am very happy with the results.

3. The Deke called me on the cell phone this evening. She was really tired. She was at the end of her second twelve hour day of conferences with parents. She reported that she was getting along great with her students' parents, but that the length of these two days was fatiguing. Later, the Deke sent me pictures from Viking Braggot on Willamette St where she and other teachers got together after conferences were done and to initiate the beginning of their four day weekend. I loved seeing that the Deke was enjoying beer with the people she works with, knowing that having colleagues to work, talk with, and socialize with and to be back working with children deeply satisfies her. Oh, it's more than satisfaction. It's fulfilling. She loves it.

No comments: