Friday, November 30, 2018

Three Beautiful Things 11/29/18: Christy Update, 9000 Steps, Muffins

1. I walked up to Shoshone Medical Center in the middle of the morning and in the early evening to visit Christy. She was coherent. That was good. And very ill.  She continues to run a fever. She is often cold. Her blood pressure took dips. Her wound is an open wound -- yesterday I didn't think it was. The staff changes the dressing on the wound throughout the day -- they changed it when I arrived in the evening and it was the third time it was changed for the day. Yes, I think in some ways Christy had a better day today than yesterday, but it was just a little less lousy. She is seriously ill and having the source of her pain located on her rear end makes things especially uncomfortable and difficult.

2. I had a very good walking day. I walked up to the hospital and back home both times I visited Christy. I had overpaid for the oral surgery I had done in October, so I walked uptown to the bank and deposited that check. I sauntered down Depot Hill and walked from Division St. to Hill St. on the Trail of the CdAs and popped into Yoke's to buy dog food, liquid dish detergent, and some Fuji apples. I loaded up my back pack and strode over to Kellogg Insurance to pay the small difference for our auto policy after I had slightly underpaid my bill a couple of weeks ago. By the time I returned home from my evening visit to the hospital, I had walked just over 9000 steps, about 4.5 miles.

3. The other morning, while making myself a bowl of Bob's Red Mill 10 Grain Hot Cereal, I noted on the packaging a recipe for 10 Grain Muffins. After I made sweet potato cornbread muffins for Thanksgiving, an old love I have for muffins reawakened in me. So, I made the Bob's 10 Grain Muffins today, sampled a few of them, and took the rest of them to the hospital, hoping Christy or some of her visitors might enjoy them. (I think they are really good!)

No comments: