Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Three Beautiful Things 03/04/19: Kidney Business, Frigid Walk, UVA's Fireworks

1. I signed and returned the paperwork transferring my time on the transplant list from the U of Maryland to Providence Sacred Heart and I decided to go off of Maryland's list.

2. It was windy and cold today, uncomfortable for walking, but I parked near the Inland Lounge, walked to the bank and made a deposit, walked to the post office for stamps, looped up to the library and came down Main St, and returned to the Sube. Several walkways were unshoveled and the cold wind burned my face, so it was not a very pleasant walk. But, I racked up about 1500 steps and if felt good just to get in some steps and move around more than I have since the snow started piling up and the Arctic air and wind moved in this past month.

3.  Back in 1969, at the Boy Scout National Jamboree at Farragut State Park, I witnessed the most spectacular fireworks display I've ever seen. Today, however, the Virginia Cavaliers put on a fireworks show that made the 1969 display look like a penlight in a dark outhouse. Kyle Guy, Ty Jerome, and De'Andre Hunter combined to splash 18 of 23 three point shots from north, south, east, and west (an unearthly 78.2% rate of success)  and turned a 34-32 halftime deficit into a stunning 79-53 crushing of Syracuse. My jaw dropped as Guy and Jerome hoisted and converted a couple of shots from Lake Ontario, possibly the longest shots within an offensive set I've seen all season.

No comments: