Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Three Beautiful Things 03/11/19: Routine Appointment, Good Walk, Zags Bury Pepperdine

1. I figured it was possible that after our 7:40 appointment, Linda Jo Yawn might want me to have blood drawn so I fasted for the twelve hours beforehand. I was right. After she gave me a routine checkup and asked me some questions, declaring, in agreement with all the other doctors, that my kidney numbers look lousy, but have been stable, and everything else looks good. I had three vials of blood drawn and went to the Bean for a blueberry bagel and a good coffee drink, half Americano and half steamed milk.

2. I had hoped to walk to the clinic for my appointment, but, at 7:00, the temperature was well below twenty degrees and I drove. Later in the afternoon, however, I walked west on Cameron, turned right on Jacobs Gulch Road, walked around in the Medical Center parking lot, and then headed up to the high school and retraced my steps back home. It was a good walk, lasting over a half an hour. My pedometer malfunctioned so I don't know how many steps I racked up.

3. The Gonzaga men were back in action tonight in the semi-finals of the WCC tournament.  The Zags hadn't played a game in nine days. If they had to shake off any rust, they did it quickly, and trounced Pepperdine 100-74. Six Zags scored over ten points, led by Zach Norvell's 18. After a month long absence with a foot injury, Killian Tillie returned to action for 15 minutes and buried three treys. The Zags fans, including Christy, were thrilled to see him back in action, and he was visibly very happy to be in action.

No comments: