Sunday, March 3, 2019

Three Beautiful Things 03/02/19: Wind Chill, Productive Indoors, Vols and Wildcats Meet Again and Hoosiers Win

1. I can hardly wait for the flags flying across the street in the church parking lot to stop flapping during this cold snap so I can get back to walking outside again. The wind chill has dropped the temperature here to below zero and as much as I'd like to get out and moving, it's just too cold for me.

2. So, I did some more house work. I laundered the sheets and made the bed. I did some other laundry. I wrote an important email. I listened to news and classical music. I watered and fed houseplants. I enjoyed the last of the mushroom barley cream soup I made a few days ago. I kept myself warm and occupied.

3. Two weeks ago, the then ranked #1 Tennessee Volunteers traveled to Lexington, KY where the Kentucky Wildcats crushed them, 86-69.  I missed watching this game because it took place during the Elks crab feed. Today, the Wildcats and Volunteers played again, this time in Knoxville, and Tennessee turned the proverbial tables on Kentucky with intense defense that flabbergasted the young 'Cats and with brilliant play making and shooting by their point guard, Jason Bone. Bone steadied the Vols' offense and scored 27 points on a variety of jump shots, floaters, teardrops, and drives to the bucket. Forward Grant Williams rebounded from a poor performance in the February 16th tilt and scored 24 points and, in sync with his towering teammates, was mighty as a defender inside.  Tennessee vanquished Kentucky, 71-52. 

The SEC Basketball Tournament will get underway on March 13th in Nashville and I'm hoping that when the championship game rolls around on the 17th, we'll get to see Tennessee and Kentucky play a heated game for the third time.

By the way, I didn't see the game, but the surprising Indiana Hoosiers squeaked out a second consecutive win over the muscular and speedy Michigan State Spartans today and I enjoyed a text message exchange with Hoosier alum and devoted fan, Sally, remarking on this astonishing Indiana victory.

No comments: