Friday, March 29, 2019

Three Beautiful Things 03/28/19: Fantasy Tutelage, Breakfast at Goose and the Tree, Zags Win Ducks Lose

1.  I plunged into a couple of fantasy baseball leagues this season and I'm trying to learn the ropes of how to manage my teams. Around 9:00 this morning, I dropped Debbie off at the Bean and raced up to the Lounge where Cas was getting the joint ready for a special Thursday night Zags' game opening and he gave me my first fantasy baseball tutorial.

2. Debbie and I ate breakfast together at Goose and the Tree in Pinehurst. Both of us enjoyed our food a lot: I ordered creamy sausage gravy over freshly baked biscuits with scrambled eggs and Debbie ordered lox on a plain bagel augmented by tomato slice, capers, and other things. While we were there, an order of mugs came in and Meredith showed us each mug she'd selected and why.

3. Debbie and I met up with Shawn and Teresa at the Lounge and gabbed while watching the Zags defeat Flordia State, 72-58, a very good win for Gonzaga. I felt dismay, but was proud of Oregon's effort as the Ducks lost to Virginia, 53-49 in a black and blue defensive struggle. I had fun yakkin' with Cas and Steve Rinaldi during the game and had had a good session with Ron Delcamp earlier in the evening.

No comments: