Thursday, November 26, 2020

Three Beautiful Things 11-25-20: Afternoon Discussion, Kitchen Action, Villanova Prevails

1. Christy, Carol, and I met again this afternoon. Everett and Christy had conversation this morning. By the afternoon, Everett was sleeping comfortably. Christy will go to the hospital in the morning. She's hoping to watch the Zags/Kansas basketball game and to have the Thanksgiving dinner the hospital serves its patients around lunch time. 

2. Riley and I had a good morning and early afternoon together before Paul came by and took Riley for a run. Riley stayed over at Carol and Paul's until Christy, Carol, and I finished our afternoon discussion. I cleaned up the kitchen and packed a bag with the cornbread I made for the turkey stuffing for Carol and Paul and some food containers for Christy's and my Thanksgiving dinner (to be delivered). Then I made myself a tasty pasta bowl for dinner, retiring to the Vizio room. 

3. I missed a lot of college basketball action today, but early this evening I watched Villanova play Boston College. Boston College played Villanova tough for about thirty-four of the game's forty minutes with some sharp shooting, aggressive drives to the tin, and energetic defense. But, the Eagles couldn't sustain forty minutes of splendid play. Villanova patiently and methodically grinded away, came from behind, and, in Villanova fashion, by playing sound fundamental basketball and never showing any signs of panic, prevailed, 76-67. Villanova's team is stocked with experienced players; two of them, Collin Gillespie and Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, are All-American caliber ballers. I am excited to see how the other teams in the Big East will match up against them once conference play begins.  Villanova will play Arizona State, led by another All-American player, Remy Martin. I'm eager to watch these two teams play, if I can, at 6:30 on Thanksgiving Day. 

* Yesterday I wrote that Jim Page performed from his house, but I couldn't remember the name of the den he performs in -- now I know: it's the Bobcat Den. 

No comments: