Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Three Beautiful Things 11/01/2021: (5500!) Family Dinner Preparation, Macaroni and Cheese Dinner, The Campaign Continues

If you are keeping score at home, this is my 5500th post here at kellogg bloggin'! 

1. After a full day of Shakespeare, World Series baseball, and trick or treaters on Sunday, today was much slower. Debbie and I hosted family dinner, so I went to Yoke's for a few groceries and I vacuumed, cleaned the bathroom, and fixed the shrimp we served. It's fun to freshen up the house and I enjoyed hosting family dinner even more than usual with Debbie here and the two of us working together to be tonight's host.

2. The meal was really good -- and kind of simple. I served everyone either a Dark and Stormy or a Rum and Coke to start. We yakked for a while and then sat down to a very simple appetizer, shrimp and cocktail sauce. Debbie made a rich and very creamy and cheesy and divine tasting batch of macaroni and cheese. Christy roasted carrots and they paired perfectly with the mac and cheese. Molly made a splendid cucumber salad, also a perfect pairing. And dessert? We have a half a bowl of candy that didn't get handed out on Halloween, so we invited every one to dig in and eat all the Tootsie Rolls, M &Ms, Snicker bars, or Skittles they wanted. 

3. As we got started eating dinner, I suddenly remembered that I had one more bottle of Black Butte Porter from Deschutes Brewing in the ice box. 

I decided to further my personal, eccentric, imaginary, fun campaign to SAVE THE PORTER and enjoyed drinking it  with dinner. 

No comments: