Friday, November 5, 2021

Three Beautiful Things 11/04/2021: Making Room for Firewood, Luna and Copper Update, Simple Dinner

1. Refusing to be hindered by the rain, Christy sorted out what things on the side of her garage should go to the transfer station. I loaded up the Sube with old wood, a broken plastic tub and some cracked container lids, metal objects, a broken stool/chair, and a few other things and disposed of them at the dump. Before long, we'll move Christy's propane grill to a different location and then there will be a good amount of space to stack firewood. 

2. When Gibbs is on the main floor, Copper and Luna hang out either in the Vizio room or the bedroom. This afternoon, I spent a couple of hours or more with them in the bedroom. If Luna wants to be petted, she's assertive about climbing on my chest and being close to me. Copper is not at all assertive and I made it a point today, and have been doing this frequently the past several days, to pet him a lot in my continued effort to (hopefully) help him feel more secure, especially since Gibbs moved in. I think it's working. While I'm not sure Copper will ever want to be in the same room with Gibbs, he does seem more relaxed, especially when I spend extended time with him.

3. Roasted tiny potatoes. Iceberg lettuce salad. Salmon patties. A glass of club soda. Debbie prepared this simple dinner tonight and in every way, it was notably satisfying. 

No comments: