Saturday, November 13, 2021

Three Beautiful Things 11/12/2021: Relaxing at Home, DI Jack Frost Faces Challenges, Great Evening at The Lounge

 1. We had a relaxing day with Patrick and Meagan. Patrick had a video chat with someone at his workplace. Meagan and Debbie and Patrick spilled the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle onto our card table and they worked off and on on it. Patrick and Meagan went to Humdinger and brought food home. Meagan and Patrick took a late afternoon nap. Just relaxing, not asking much of ourselves was an enjoyable way to host Patrick and Meagan.

2. Because Copper and Luna spend much of the day in either the bedroom or the Vizio room, I always make an effort to spend time with them. I spent time lying down with Copper and then switched to the Vizio room and watched a taut episode of A Touch of Frost. It had been a while since I watched DI Jack Frost in action and I watched the first episode of Season 12. DI Frost was up against a serial killer whose pace of murder was picking up. As often happens, DI Frost also had to work with an outsider, an ambitious forensic psychologist with whom he had a very off and on professional relationship with. I found this episode compelling. The story lines were complex, the tension mounted, and the screenwriting was terrific. I'm happy I have quite a few more episodes of this show that I've never seen.

3. Shortly after 6 o'clock, Patrick, Meagan, Debbie, and I buzzed into the Inland Lounge. Soon after we arrived, Molly Roberts came in. The back room was empty and the youngsters sat at a table back there. I went to the bar to join Ed and Debbie soon joined us. It was a mellow night at The Lounge so I got to yak with Cas more than usual. During our stay, Kelly Edwards introduced himself to me and told me how much he enjoyed golfing with my dad. Later on, I yakked a bit with Harley and Candy and had a fun baseball conversation with Nathan, a guy who moved to Kellogg in the last few years and loves the Dodgers. 

I also helped SAVE THE PORTER! The Pulaski Porter was delicious. Nathan, not even knowing about my pretend campaign, also helped the cause and ordered porters for himself and his wife.

Upon arriving back home, knowing that we were all a little hungry, Debbie fixed us each a very tasty burrito (or was it a taco?) and we enjoyed our food while listening to a Steely Dan playlist that Patrick put on. 

No comments: