Saturday, December 11, 2021

Three Beautiful Things 12-10-2021: Doughnut Reward, Being Ed's Right Hand Man!, The Lounge and Neil Young

1. I hopped out of bed first thing this morning and shoveled snow, took the not-winter tires out of the Sube and put them in the garage, and hustled over to Yoke's to buy coffee filters and some club soda. For my efforts, I rewarded myself with two raised doughnuts -- one with chocolate frosting and the other a sugar doughnut. I used to eat way too many doughnuts when I taught at LCC. Now I rarely eat them. When I do, though, they sure give me pleasure and bring back some Eugene/LCC memories I love going back to.

2. Ed swung by the house at 4:30 with his back seat full of barbecue food and sides from GarrenTeed BBQ, the food truck/trailer located on Hill St. and Bunker Ave in Kellogg.  As a favor to his son-in-law, Garren Taylor (the food truck's proprietor), Ed was delivering food to a party out on West Lancaster just off of Highway 95, north of Hayden. 

Ed asked me to help him, both for a little muscle and for navigation. 

I helped him find our destination and helped Ed and the hosts of the dinner party carry in the food and set it up.

We headed right back to Kellogg, wanting to stay ahead of a wind and snow storm moving in.

We succeeded.

3. I returned home, fed Luna and Copper, and dashed up to The Lounge and met back up with Ed. For me, it was a short stay at The Lounge. I helped SAVE THE PORTER by drinking a couple of slow pints of Pulaski Porter, drank some club soda, reconnected with Debbie -- who had been with Diane at Radio -- and went home for some chowder and crackers. I told Debbie I'd come back uptown and give Diane and her a ride home and I did so. Debbie and Diane had, in their words, "a fantastic time" at The Lounge. I tidied up the kitchen, enjoyed having Gibbs sit on my lap, and listened to this weekend's Neil Young Radio on Sirius/XM's Deep Tracks channel. 

No comments: