Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Three Beautiful Things 12-20-2021: Snowfall Aerobics, Watching Gonzaga Empty Its Bench, 3BTs and Huckleberries at CdA Press

 1.  A  moderate, not quite heavy, amount of snow fell in Kellogg today. I shoveled twice (or was it three times?). Shoveling snow before it gets very deep is turning out to be a good thing. I spare strain on my back by shoveling while it's not very deep and I increase my heart rate and, I think, build up my wind. 

2. Gonzaga's victory over Northern Arizona, 95-49, lacked suspense so it's a wonder I stuck with it. I figured, though, that since the game was a blowout, Coach Mark Few might empty his bench in the last several minutes and I could see some Zags play who rarely get any action. I was right. I had fun watching Ben Gregg, (Shoeless) Kaden Perry, Martynas Arlauskus, Matthew Lang, and others get a chance to run the offense, hoist a shot or two, and be a part of the flow of this mismatch.

3. D. F. (Dave) Oliveria emailed me. He'd like to write more about Three Beautiful Things/kellogg bloggin' in his Huckleberries column over at the Coeur d'Alene Press. He asked if he could call me with some questions on Dec. 21, but that's Debbie's birthday and we have a busy day planned.  I asked if, instead, I could email him responses to questions regarding the origins of Three Beautiful Things, how long I've been at it, what my purpose is, and about my Silver Valley background. He said, "Sure". He sent me questions and the first thing I'll do on the morning of Dec 21st is write out answers as best I can. 

No comments: