Friday, November 11, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 11-10-2022: Laundry Emergency, Beer with Patrick and Megan, Tuna Casserole Nostalgia

1. Either Luna or Copper regurgitated food on the bed and possibly had other problems at the same time and I needed to launder everything. Our dryer is temporarily incapacitated and I figured with all the stuff I had to wash and dry, my best bet was to load up a basket and head to the laundromat and use a big washer and dryer. 

Well, when I arrived there I discovered the laundromat is closed on Thursday.

I asked Carol if her laundry room was open. 

It was! 

I washed one load at home, took the wet bedding to Carol's, put it in her dryer, and Carol volunteered to wash and dry the other load and drop it by our house later in the evening.

All I had to do was take the sewing machine and iron she borrowed back home and return the Cool Whip container she'd used to send leftover spaghetti and meatballs in after family dinner.

Luna and Copper both seem fine. It was just one of those things. 

The bedding is all fresh now and I've restored order to the bedroom! 

2. Around 7:30, Patrick and Meagan arrived at our house from Portland. They drove up to spend the weekend with us. 

They got settled in and began popping open Oregon beers they brought with them. I just don't do well drinking 16 oz cans of beer in the evening these days, so I was very happy that both of them were willing to share about 4-8 oz. out of their cans with me and I totally enjoyed these moderate hits of some very tasty Hazy IPAs. 

3. We also dove into the tuna casserole I made Wednesday night. Debbie declared it the best tuna casserole she'd ever eaten. (WOW!) Eating tuna casserole reminded me of a day back in September of 1997. I was at my computer at work and an email flew in from Debbie, inviting me to come to her house for TUNA CASSEROLE for dinner. I (over) enthusiastically accepted.  It was the first time I ate dinner at Debbie's house and she, without knowing it, offered me one of my favorite dinner dishes. It was fun this evening going back twenty-five years and remembering that dinner and the dizzying series of events that culminated in our wedding on 12-24-1997.  

No comments: