Saturday, November 26, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 11-25-2022: Working at This and That, Chillin' at The Lounge, Zags Have Problems

 1. I committed myself to getting some loose ends tied up around the house: pay a couple of bills, upgrade my bed with a new mattress pad and blanket and clean sheets, sweep up cat litter, spiff things up in the bedroom. It was a relief.

2. Debbie and I headed up to The Lounge late this afternoon and had fun yakkin' with Cas and Tracy and seeing other people we know. The joint was not really hoppin', more like skippin', and it was fun to drink some Pulaski porter and some 1910 Pendleton Rye Whiskey. 

Back home, after a stop at the liquor store, I made a simple syrup consisting of water, brown sugar, anise, cinnamon, maple syrup,  coriander, and butter (wish I'd had a lemon to squeeze into the mix). I let it cook for about ten minutes and then put it the bottom of a mug with some Meyer's dark rum and boiling water and it was close to the perfect drink on this chilly night.

3. Speaking of chilly, after a pretty good start to their game against Purdue, the Zags shooting went cold, Purdue's heated up, and the Boilermakers waltzed to an 84-66 victory. 

I can't quite put my finger on it, but something's missing, something is awry with the Zags in this early part of the season. I hope this team can figure itself out. It has problems to address, both on offense and defense. I can see the Zags coming out of their pre-conference schedule with three or four, even five, losses.

The Zags play Xavier, a favorite team of mine, on Sunday and it'll be interesting to see if they work out some of the things (that I can't specify) during their Saturday practice time and play more consistently and energetically and with more self-assurance. 

We'll see. 

No comments: