Sunday, November 20, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 11-19-2022: Napping with Luna, Paul's Birthday Dinner, Chillin' at The Lounge

1. Every once in a while, I slip in a nap that is so blissful, so restful, so transcendent that I wonder why I don't just spend more hours of the day napping. I lay on my back, Luna hopped on my chest, I spent the whole nap on my back with Luna, and I fell into a deep abyss of oblivion and comfort. 

2. I woke up about fifteen minutes before we were due to leave the house to meet at 2:30 for Paul's birthday party, a get together that included Carol, Paul, Christy, Debbie, Molly, and I and the added bonus of Zoe and Cosette. Christy made a cheese ball appetizer. Cosette masterfully mixed us each an amaretto sour for a cocktail. Carol prepared clam chowder which we ate with Debbie's cabbage salad and brioche rolls that Molly provided and a couple of different wines. 

We retired back to the living room and Paul opened his gifts and Zoe served us the chocolate peanut butter birthday cake she baked for her dad. 

The celebration ended for Debbie and me when we returned home, but Carol, Zoe, Cosette, and Molly all rocketed up to Wallace and watched tonight's performance of Guys on Ice

3. Debbie was bushed after a week of work and the birthday dinner, so she didn't join me at the Inland Lounge. I called Ed, let him know I was going up, and he joined me at the bar. It was fun talking with Bob about Bob Dylan's new book and catching up on some other things. I enjoyed drinking a couple of shots of Pendleton 1910 Rye Whiskey and a pint of Pulaski porter. Ed and I had a good time yakkin'. The whole evening was relaxing and I was back home by eight o'clock, an easy day with family and friends under my belt. 

No comments: