Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 11-29-2022: Sleep Challenges, Ed Shovels for Us, Marquette Levels Baylor

 1. I slept a lot, again, today. At night, right now, I am sleeping in 60-90 minute snatches and then I'm up, needing to hydrate, frustrated that my sleeping periods don't last longer. These short stretches of sleep feature weird dreams. I'll be very happy when this pattern ends.

2. Ed knew I that I am too sick to shovel the walks and came by this afternoon and did it for me, a huge help.

3. I watched some men's college hoops, but didn't have much endurance and turned off the television before UVA defeated Michigan, thanks, I read later, to blocking a Wolverine shot late in the game. 

I watched a lot of Marquette's resounding and, to me, shocking thumping of Baylor, 96-70. I was watching this game, thinking ahead to the Gonzaga/Baylor game coming up on Friday. My only thought was that I've never seen Gonzaga's defense disrupt and dismantle a high ranked team the way Marquette discombobulated Baylor. I'm not sure about this, but playing the kind of disruptive defense Marquette played tonight doesn't seem to be a part of Gonzaga's team identity. 

I am curious and eager to see how the Zags/Baylor game works out. 

No comments: