Sunday, November 27, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 11-26-2022: Breakfast at the VFW, An Hour (or so) at The Lounge, Quick and Delicious Dinner

 1. I vaulted into the Sube today and blasted up to the VFW Hall in Osburn for breakfast. I used to go often to this breakfast, but today I reckoned it had been nearly three years since I'd gone. The VFW serves breakfast once a month on the fourth Saturday of the month and it's a great spread. For just six bucks, diners choose between sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, French toast, pancakes, and huckleberry pancakes. The VFW sets out orange juice, milk, coffee, and water and it's an all you can eat affair.

I had a biscuit with gravy accompanied by scrambled eggs and I returned to the service counter and had asked for a few more scrambled eggs with gravy on them.

2. Later in the day, I bolted up to The Lounge and met Ed or about an hour's worth of yakkin' and I enjoyed a Pulaski porter and one pour of 1910 Pendleton Rye. 

Things were mellow at The Lounge so I got to yak with Cas a bit and Ed and I managed to solve all the city, county, state, national, and world problems in the mere hour we sat at the bar.

I hope you noticed how harmonious things are in the world when you woke up this morning. 

3. Back home, I boiled some rigatoni pasta and made a sauce to go over it consisting of diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic, fennel, and onion. It was a simple and satisfying dinner. 


No comments: