Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 10-07-2024: Buying More Books, Business Day, Fun Chicken Tenders

1.  Update on reading through the Leah Sottile book list: Right now I do not have any of the remaining books I will read from her list in my possession. I ordered them all today, buying every book I could from Auntie's Bookstore in Spokane and the other two from Better World Books. Since I make regular medical trips to Spokane, I'll pick up the books I order from Auntie's, all but one were not on their shelves, at their store. 

While I wait for these books to come in, I'm sticking with Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil  by John Berendt, a book I've started about three times before getting distracted by who knows what! but I can tell that I won't back down this time. 

It's what's called a non-fiction novel. It's set in Savannah, GA. So far, Berendt portrays Savannah as an eccentric city. It's fun early on.

2. I bore down today and took care of some business: flu shot appointment -- as ordered by the transplant team --, appointment for sprinkler system blow out, and some money matters. It's always a relief when I don't procrastinate and just jump on this kind of stuff. 

3. A week ago, I bought a package of Trader Joe's Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Basil Chicken Tenders and gave them a try tonight with broccoli and brown rice. 

It worked!


No comments: