Sunday, October 6, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 10-05-2024: Mickey Haller's Roller Coaster, Produce Shopping, Wah Hing to Go!

1. Now that I'm back home after a three night jaunt to Pendleton, things settled down comfortably. I spent much of the day riding the roller coaster of Mickey Haller's life in and out of court in the book The Fifth Witness as he faces a formidable prosecutor and a strict judge in the courtroom and, outside the court, deals with family, Hollywood movie makers, thugs, and the difficulties of his temperamental client and a scammer who wants to make money off of her story. 

Honestly, never a dull moment! 

2. I mean this was a really quiet day. 

Debbie enjoyed herself getting some work done at school and the most exciting thing I did was take a break from reading and blast over to Yoke's to replenish our supply of produce. Now I have plenty of vegetable to use for salads. 

3. Debbie had told me earlier in the day that she had a dinner planned for tonight. Then she texted me from school, told me she was going to drop in at The Lounge for a little while, and buy an order to go at Wah Hing. That definitely worked for me. The Broccoli Shrimp and Ginger Beef entrees she brought home boosted my already uplifted mood.  

Then I returned to reading Michael Connelly while listening to a soft jazz playlist on Spotify. 

No comments: