Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Three Beautiful Things 07-28-2026: Encouraging, Discouraging, Fry Pan Dinner

 1. Today Christy reported that her physical therapy session was encouraging. Positive. Great news! 

2. In the book Is a River Alive?, Robert Macfarlane has explored the degradation of rivers and forests brought about by mining in Ecuador and the damage to urban rivers by heavy industry in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India (birthplace of Harriet Potter). In the third part of his book, which I moved more deeply into today, he explores the way hydroelectric projects in Quebec threaten the life of the Mutehekau Shipu River. I will probably finish this book by Friday, giving me time to think about its content and admire the beauty of Macfarlane's prose, sometimes written as poetry. 

3. In a large pan, I browned ground turkey and added rice, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, and mushrooms. I enjoyed the flavor of the meat and vegetables so much, i didn't add any seasoning. 


No comments: