Saturday, February 24, 2007

Talent Pool


I enjoy the talents of my family members as well as people I've become cyberly acquainted with through Snug's myspace.com page and through the world of blogging and through web surfing. Let me recommend that you check out the following:

*Orange Television records compelling, moody music. I have no genre name to attach to it. You can find his music here and his earth-bound surreal video here.

*My younger step-daughter has begun recording acoustic/folk music accompanied by the ukelele and has a couple of sweet old tunes here. I hope she'll be posting more.

*I don't know why, but during her high school years, my younger step-daughter would sing the National Anthem over and over again in the basement. Now, she's submitted one of her versions on YouTube. I don't know what to make of it...parody of show biz National Anthem singers? showing off her voice? I don't know! You can decide here.

*My stepson studies graphic design at Oregon State University. He began these studies at Lane Community College. He has posted some of his work here.

*He also composes electronic music. I won't try to categorize it. Listen here.

*Mommie Dearest writes often about the legend that is The Otis, her husband. Part of the legend is his rock band, 40 ounce J. I hope they'll post more, but right now their only song for public consumption is the North Idaho anthem, Beer Run. Hear it here.

* Toriaroyale is a talented photographer. I discovered her in myspace because she loves English Springer Spaniels. Her work stuns me. See what you think here.

1 comment:

Mommy Dearest said...

My dear RP,
thanks for the mention of The Otis. The boys of 40 ounce J are preparing to hit the studio to record a few more songs. And the video for Beer Run should debut soon. We've already talked a drive thru convenience store and a couple other stores into letting us film there. Gotta go. Time for another beer run :)
btw - I'm looking for Snug's myspace page :)