Sunday, February 18, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 02/18/07: Blogfest, Sabbath, Velcro Dog

1. Huckleberries Online celebrated its third anniversary in Coeur d'Alene at Capone's yesterday and today the pictures and video began to surface on blogs and at YouTube and even though I don't know these people personally, Huckleberries has been my lifeline to goings on in North Idaho and I loved seeing these people whose comments and blogs I read having so much fun. Congratulations to D. F. (Dave) Oliveria for overseeing such a vibrant blog and for gathering the kinds of people together who can jump his car battery when it dies. (In his excitement to get inside at Capone's, did DFO leave his lights on? If he did, that is just plain sweet.) Photos by Taryn: Mommie Dearest.

2. No schedule. Rest. Sorted out my del.icio.us bookmarks which got me back to thinking about some books I've ignored lately and got me listening to Playing in the Band and Uncle John's Band from the 6/23/90 Grateful Dead show at Autzen Stadium here in Eugene...if you were there, please tell me so in a comment.

3. Snug was velcro dog today. I've been so busy with the play and with work that I haven't been home for long stetches of time and today Snug stayed with me on the bed and was at my feet when I sat elsewhere. We'll have another day tomorrow together. I enjoy so much when I have hours in a row with him and today was the first such day in quite a while.

No comments: