Saturday, February 17, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 02/16/07: New Family Blog, Patricia Clarkson, Conferences

1. My sister has begun a Silver Valley blog. You can find it here.

2. I enjoy Patricia Clarkson a lot ("Pieces of April", "Station Agent" and others) and watched movies of hers the last two nights. Last night was "Good Night, and Good Luck" and tonight, "The Dying Gaul". Her role was too tiny in "Good Night..." and she was marvelous in "The Dying Gaul", but I found the movie strained. The premise was interesting, in the tradition of "Betrayal", with Clarkson playing a role similar to Ben Kingsley and with her husband having a love affair with another man, but this movie lacked Kingsley's evil glee and was way too pseudo-spiritual for my tastes. The resolution made no sense to me. I loved the acting, though.

3. I wish I could do all my teaching in individual conferences. I had several very satisfying conferences with students today and think they all left our conversations with more confidence and better direction.

2 comments:

Dubya said...

What the heck is pseudo-spiritual???

Ain't pseudos those funny lookin' bikini-type bathin' suits fer guys?

Christy Woolum said...

I am glad you found your camera. I caught that news on the Snug site. Our dogs have missed their daily dose of Snug.
InlandEmpireGirl