Thursday, March 8, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 03/08/07: Conferences, Momentum, Sperm

1. As I held individual conferences with my WR 115 students, I learned more and more: Randi's mother had her first child at age 12; Ortega holds a bachelor's degree from a Catholic University in Mexico; Eddie is a computer whiz and worships at a small money-strapped church in Springfield; I swear, the more my students tell me about themselves, the better they write. I don't suppose in the silly world of scholarship that can be verified.

2. Annabelle feels like she has gained momentum in her writing during the course of WR 122 and doesn't want to stop having a writing course. She wants to keep the momentum.

3. Daisy and K-Doe let me sit with them at lunch and they endured my profanity-laced rant about men who think they can get away with anything, especially in the world of fertilization: coincidentally, Student of Life posted about a similar subject, here, and I just read her reflections when I got home this afternoon.

No comments: