Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 03/13/07: Gunman, Shakespeare Frisbee, Vivid Whitman

1. One of my students, Cheri, read to the class her paper about a gunman busting into a campus gathering at Brigham Young University and how, instead of freaking out, the students broke spontaneously into hymn and the gunman was apprehended, in part because of his confusion.

2. Barbie and George were on the grass of Bristow Square at LCC rehearsing their lines for Romeo and Juliet while chucking a frisbee back and forth.

3. After a slow start, I think my Intro to Poetry students will create vivid pictorial representations of the imagery and story telling at work in Walt Whitman's poetry. I hope so. There's no better poetry to have live in a person.

3 comments:

Ed said...

Hi Bill,


I like catching up on your blog now that the term is almost over and I have a few minutes to catch my breath. I still think fondly of the WR 121 class I took from you last term and occasionally run into other students from the class. You assign great reading & I can't wait to take another class from you in the future.

take care,

Ed Cole

Dubya said...

I was all excited to read yer blog 'cause it had "gunman," "frisbee" an' a "v" word in the title, but then it was all 'bout singin' an' literature.

What's up with that?

Katrina said...

Can I admit to being more than a teensy bit envious of your students? Your classes sound like everything I loved about college.