Thursday, March 15, 2007

Return to the Boy in a Chair with a Tree Growing Out the Top of His Head


My favorite site on Lane Community College's campus is a sculpture of a boy in a chair with a tree growing out of his head. Back in January, I took over eighty pictures of him, and posted five of those pictures here.

Today, I had to hurry off campus to meet an appointment for my annual eye check-up. I snapped one photo of the boy. The campus is coming alive with spring foliage and I like how these plum blossoms brighten the boy's immediate surroundings. He has endured a lot of gloomy, soggy days to reach a day like today. He endures it all.



And here's his reward. . .


2 comments:

Word Tosser said...

What a curious picture... at first I thought.....the tree is on the other side and looks like it is coming out of the head... but the closer up of it... seems you are telling the truth.. it is coming out of the top of the head.. yet, the cynical side of me questions my own sight. hummmmmmmm... and then I ask.. but why? does it show that with children their minds grow like a tree? curious....

Mommy Dearest said...

Foliage ... I can't wait to see some stinkin' foilage. I see bits of green in my flower bed starting to poke through the mulch, but otherwise everything's looking pretty darn drab and brown. Thanks for sharing :)