Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 03/21/07: Conservative Students, Paper Purge, Treats

1. I enjoyed very much enjoyed Katrina's email in which she discussed the difficulties of being a conservative student in a college classroom. I learned a lot from her.

2. My office at LCC needed a purging of paper, paper, and more paper. It's a much more relaxing place to work after I dumped into the recycling bin so many papers that overstayed their visit.

3. I went on a dog treat buying spree at Suds 'Em Yourself: rawhides, hoofs, cheese flavored treats, pork rolls. Snug, Maggie, and Charly will have many days of happiness.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I also enjoyed our email exchange. You really helped me see things from an instructor's point of view, and I'm inclined to agree with you about the value of provocative discourse in teaching students to think critically and express themselves clearly.

Your post about Jessica Bryan was right on. Until we know more detail about the context and purpose of the comments she made, we only have half the story, and our tendency is to fill in the blanks with our own impressions and experiences.