Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Three Beautiful Things 11/08/12: Smooth, A Meaningful Life, Mother Lode Golden Ale

1.  Smooth, smooth, smooth.  Smooth exit from LCC, smooth bus ride downtown, smooth arrival at the Amtrak station, early, so I could board the bus first and sit in the front behind the driver.

2.  I read more deeply into the wickedly funny 1970s novel "A Meaningful Life".  This dark satire made the bus ride go by in no time.

3.  Terry picked me up at the Amtrak station and we joined Nancy for a noisy dinner at the Laurelwood Public House -- we were seated in the family section where about 900 kid were laughing, screaming, and playing.  BUT, eating with Terry and Nancy was so pleasant the my two pints of Mother Lode Golden Ale were so refreshing that I forgot the kids and found myself absorbed in the pleasure of good company and satisfying beer.  My burger was pretty good, too. 

No comments: