Saturday, November 17, 2012

Three Beautiful Things 11/17/11: Photo Fantasy, Chicken Udon, Getting Stuff Done


1.  Russell and I went out on a photo stroll earlier than usual and it turned out fortuitous.  We got in about an hour of picture taking down by the Fifth Street Public Market before the rain hit.  It's funny with taking pictures and posting them.  I almost always favor a couple of pictures and it's interesting to see how/whether friends respond to the ones I favor.  To be honest, and this is fine with me, others almost always seem to enjoy pictures I've taken other than the ones I have special feeling about.  Today I took a picture that looks to me like a scene from a black and white French or Italian movie from forty or fifty years ago, except for the cars in it.  I'm probably wrong, but I have these scenes in my head.  They are black and white.  The scene is whimsical.  In this picture, the way the woman's foot is off the ground and the way she's leaning makes me think she's skipping and she is utterly unconcerned about her dogs going in two different directions, not really under control.  Ha!  It seems like a scene from a European comedy, a mirthful scene shot in black in white and somehow, no matter how ordinary it might seem to others (although over ten people have registered a "like") this is one of my favorite of all the pictures I've ever taken.  I'm just going to enjoy my enjoyment no matter what others might think:


2.  Russell and I took cover shortly after 11:00 and waited over a cup of coffee and hot chocolate for Pure, a Japanese bistro, to open.  Once it did, I ate a really good bowl of chicken udon, a superb treat.

3.  It was rainy.  It was getting dark.  The Deke and I would have been happier staying home.  But we had stuff to take care of in town and we piled in the car and did what we needed to.  I shopped for groceries and Deke took care of other stuff.  So often, we operate independently, and it works, but I enjoyed joining forces to take care of things and do it at the same time, out on the town, as together as we could. 

No comments: