Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Three Beautiful Things 11/26/12: Grading, Heat Miser, Wonderful Dinner

1.  I read and graded papers for much of the day and let myself believe that many of my students are thinking more deeply about the meaning in their lives, whether connected their values to happiness or seeing the intelligence demanded of their jobs, many which are widely considered menial.  If nothing else, I think I've helped them think about things in new ways.

2.  I waited at the Steelhead for Deke to get manicured and, wary of the slightly higher alcohol content than I'm used to, order two glasses of Heat Miser, a winter ale.  I didn't drink much.  I loved what I drank.

3.  The Deke arrived at Steelhead and we made our way through a hummus plate and an order of Buffalo wings.  The food tasted really good to both of us and I pulled back from the winter ale and enjoyed a couple pints of one of my favorite beer at Steelhead:  the refreshing, light Orange Wheat Ale.  It pairs nicely with hot wings and is a good session beer, thanks to its low to moderate level of alcohol by volume.  I left the Steelhead feeling satisfied and happy. 

No comments: