Saturday, November 24, 2012

Three Beautiful Things 11/23/12: Mary's in Town, Crockpot Alchemy, ESPN Films

1.  Mary comes to Eugene at Thanksgiving time to see Anne, Russell, and Allie, and again this year she joined Russell and me for a photo stroll.  We went to the Holiday Market.  Normally, I would rather be tear gassed than go to Holiday Market, but meeting Russell and Mary was fun, and became even more fun when we walked over to Laughing Planet (another tear gas place for me) where I enjoyed a Marrakesh Bowl and couple refreshing stubby bottles of Session lager.

2.  It's been a Total Deke Takeover in the kitchen the last two days, and today she made a flawless turkey soup that not only nourished and warmed my body but make me feel like I was feeding myself spoonfuls of hope, peace, joy, reconciliation, and grace.




3.  I've been on a 30 for 30 roll lately and tonight deeply enjoyed the way "The Announcement" moved me and then enjoyed how informative and entertaining I found "Small Potatoes:  Who Killed the USFL". 

No comments: