Saturday, November 17, 2012

Three Beautiful Things 11/16/12: Morning Pizza, Walking to Coffee, Sixteen Tons


1.  About 11 o'clock or so, I realized I hadn't eaten and I got the bright idea to go over to Whirled Pies and have a slice of their thin crust pizza. I ordered a cheese slice.  Did I ever do the right thing! 







2.  With camera ever ready, I walked down Madison to the Wandering Goat area and then headed east on 1st and wandered around the Planing Mill neighborhood and made my way to 5th and Willamette and walked south on Willamette until I arrived at Brails espresso shop where I enjoyed coffee and witty yacking with Margaret, Jeff, and Michael.

3.  Before sitting down to eat some take out Thai food, the Deke and I met at Sixteen Tons and two things made me very happy:  first, Abie was pouring beer and I hadn't seen her in several months and I enjoyed finding out about projects she's working on and that she's been well, and, second, one of my favorite beers was on tap:  Logsdon's Seizoen Bretta.  I enjoyed a pint and a half.

No comments: