Friday, November 2, 2012

Three Beautiful Things 11/01/12: Seminar, Big Black Jack, Sweet Burritos

1.  About five of my students, all men, decided to watch Family Tree again, some for the third time, and, when it ended, with the rest of the class members out working on other things in the library or in athlete's study hall, we fell into an impromptu seminar on the movie and had a most satisfying discussion of the movie. 

2.  It had been a year since I'd tasted Oakshire's Big Black Jack Chocolate Pumpkin Imperial Porter and it sure is good.  The alcohol content is a bit steep for me, so I have to be careful, but the chocolate and pumpkin and nutmeg and slight burnt taste all made me very happy.  I had a pint at the 16 Tons Cafe and brought home a 22 oz. bottle.  I left about half of that bottle undrunk for tomorrow. 

3.  For harmless reasons, I ended up staying home this evening instead of going to Billy Mac's and I missed the All Saints service at St. Mary's.  I fixed ground beef, mushroom, red pepper, sweet onion, and sweet potato burritos for the Deke and me.  They made staying home a sweet thing.

No comments: