Friday, November 2, 2012

Three Beautiful Things 10/31/12: Kirk Talk, Easing Anxiety, Quiet Halloween

1.  I kept warm during a hard autumn rain this morning by sitting at Sweet Life and enjoying conversation and coffee with Kirk, who was a student of mine twenty-two years ago.  It had been about twenty years since we'd seen each other in person and I enjoyed talking about life, death, cameras, and our often inscrutable world.

2.  I had a lot of thinking to do today about my WR 115 course -- and I enjoyed thinking long and hard about how my students would write about happiness and the short film Family Tree and I came up with stuff.  I made a plan.  My mild anxiety eased.

3.  I was grateful for a quiet Halloween.  A few kids came to the door, which was fine. One mother and her daughter came in the house and visited with Mme. Diedrich.  I didn't hear any firecrackers, fireworks, or pumpkins being smashed in the neighborhood.  I was relieved.

No comments: