Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Three Beautiful Things 11/11/12: Fun, Pho, Go Figure

1.  All good things must end and the Kellogg guys' rendezvous in Pendleton ended at the breakfast buffet and we hit the road with full bellies and big smiles for having had so much fun over the weekend.
2.  Terry, Nancy, and I sat down at Pho Huy in Happy Valley and dove into steaming bowls of awesome Vietnamese food.  I relished my bowl of seafood pho, a rich, thick-brothed, complex bowl of noodle soup and scrumptious pieces of treasures from the sea.

3.  Okay.  "Lay the Favorite" was not a good movie.  It was by far the worst movie Stephen Frears has ever made.  Until "Lay the Favorite", I'd never seen a bad movie by Stephen Frears.  But this one was pretty bad.  And I enjoyed it.  Go figure.  I had a lot of fun watching it come to its corny conclusion and a lot of fun watching the train wreck that got it there.  So there.

No comments: