Friday, December 21, 2012

Three Beautiful Things 12/20/12: Feeling Better, Recovery Project, From the Archives

1.  The sore in my sore throat is diminishing and I had more energy today -- I spent less time napping.  The question for me was how to spend my day when outside it was raining hard and steady, meaning no picture taking strolls.  I pondered things over a bagel and coffee at Sweet Life.

2.  That external hard drive I had all my pictures on crashed back in November and the guy I entrusted it with to recover the data couldn't do the job himself and when he got an estimate from the lab he works with in California, it was over 1000 bucks.  I don't erase memory cards.  I figured, well, I'll just go back to the memory cards, erase the pictures I know are lousy, copy the others to my desktop, and edit them again.  Yes, it'll be a long tedious undertaking, but worth it.  Soooo, I began today.  Happily, all my pictures from my trips to DC and NYC were intact.  They are all, now, on my desktop ready to be edited.  Once edited, I will copy them onto my external drive (the one that works!) and soon I'll be purchasing a third storage options so my pictures are always saved in their edited form in three places.  And I won't erase my memory cards. 

3.  Looking at my pictures, I was reminded of a picture I took at Saturday Market soon after I returned from NYC.  It made me happy to see this picture again:


No comments: