Monday, December 17, 2012

Three Beautiful Things 12/16/12: Stay Home, Lessons and Carols, Senior Warden Wind Down

1.  On occasion, I decide that I want less time with other people, no matter how much I enjoy them, and want time alone.  This morning was such a time.  I didn't go to the 11:00 service at St. Mary's.  I stayed home and edited pictures, did some contemplating, and, later, took a nap. 

2.  Later, however, I did go to St. Mary's for the Service of Lessons and Carols.  The church has now been greened and the tree is up.  The service was quiet, allowing more contemplation.  The passages from Scripture were beautiful, as was the music.  I enjoyed being a reader and getting to read about the wise men coming to visit the Christ child and Mary.

3.  The Senior Warden also attended the service and we conspired to drink our wassail at the Bier Stein instead of the church fellowship hall.  Agrarian Ales, a brewer in Eugene I'd never heard of, had their Premiere Saison on tap.  When the Senior Warden ordered his second glass and the keg blew, we immediately went to Plan B and brought a bottle of  La Fin Du Monde to the bar and split it.  All of this went very well with my Groovin Reuben panini sandwich.  It was a delicious way to cap off a good day.

No comments: