Friday, December 14, 2012

Three Beautiful Things 12/13/12: Walking the Neighborhood, Bon Mi, Gabbin' and Drinkin' the Saison


1.  I took a relaxing sunlit stroll around our neighborhood and took a bunch of pictures.  Here's one of a neighbor's cat:




2.  I'm very happy I tried out Bon Mi, a relatively new Vietnamese restaurant downtown.  My Pho Ga was soothing while stimulating with its chicken ginger clove onion cilantro goodness and the half of a grilled pork Banh Mi was really good.  I love the pickled vegetables and the occasional bite into a hot green pepper.  Pho plus half a sandwich was 10 bucks.  I thought it was a great deal.

3. It was a great hour and a half at Sixteen Tons.  Not only were my two and half pints Elysian Saison Poivre mighty tasty, but I got to talk with Nate and, lo and behold, Kirk was there and we sat together and the Deke joined us and met Kirk and the three of us gabbed and imbibed and had a very relaxing time. 

No comments: