Monday, December 3, 2012

Three Beautiful Things 11/30/12: Rehearsal, Pictures, Nightcap

1.  It's time-consuming, pains-taking, tedious, and sometimes nerve-wracking, but I love the long dress/tech rehearsal for the Shakespeare Showcase and to be a part of every detail of this complicated show of over twenty scenes from Shakespeare's plays come together into a show. 

2.  I took over 200 pictures during the rehearsal, shooting for the first time in the challenging lighting conditions of the Blue Door theater, wishing at times I could get closer to the action.  It was invigorating and some of my pictures turned out pretty well...well, at least, I thought they did. 

Othello Imagines Desdemona Enjoying Cassio

3.  After the long rehearsal, I dropped into Billy Mac's and enjoyed a prime rib sandwich and a few Hefeweizen beers.  Derrick asked me if I wanted another and I said, "No.  I'm going home and pouring myself a Jameson and ginger ale for a nightcap."  He replied, "You gotta try one of mine."  I smiled, "You make one here?"  Derrick smiled back.  "Hell yeah.  We make our own ginger ale, too."  I was in.  It was mighty tasty and made having a nightcap at home totally unnecessary.  It was a great way to wind down. 


No comments: