Monday, December 3, 2012

Three Beautiful Things 12/02/12: St. Andrew's, Lunch with Rita, Willy Wonka at Cottage Theater

1.  Lawrence Crumb invited me to the Cottage Theater to see their production of Willy Wonka... and I started the day in Cottage Grove by attending the Eucharist at the church, St. Andrew's, where Father Crumb serves as priest.  I enjoyed the service a lot.  I enjoyed being a part of a small congregation in a small church, enjoyed Lawrence's sermon, and very much enjoyed the fellowship during and after the service ended.

2.  When I knew I'd be worshiping at St. Andrew's, I hoped Rita would be there and she was.  We went to her house in Creswell after church and enjoyed coffee and a fine lunch and talked about all the things we've enjoyed talking about over the years, including poetry.  We looked at a book titled Faces of Poetry and listened to Galway Kinell and others read their poems on a CD and talked about all the things going on in our lives now.  Hard to believe it's been thirteen years since we last stood side by side in a classroom and co-taught philosophy and composition.

3.  The Cottage Theater is a beautiful facility and the performance of  Willy Wonka was full of spirit, energy, and fun.  It might have even given us all some things to ponder about honesty.  I look forward to seeing more plays at the Cottage Theater.

No comments: