Monday, December 3, 2012

Three Beautiful Things 11/29/12: WR 115 Farewell, Rogue Lunch, Brad Pitt's Damn Good

1.  I liked the way WR 115 ended today:  good sense of trust with my students, time to talk individually with students who needed attention, time to spend time looking at one student's pictures she'd taken over the last few months, and everything ready for the final folders to come in on Tuesday.

2.  I stopped at the Rogue Public House for lunch and tried a couple of beef sliders with too many very tasty fries and couple of very satisfying pints of Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout -- on the nitro.

3.  I finally watched Moneyball.  It made me think of how much I hate celebrity news.  Celebrity news makes actors like Elizabeth Taylor or Paul Newman or Nicole Kidman or Brad Pitt seem like people who only are on the screen because they look good.  They are/were all terrific actors.  Brad Pitt made the complexity of Billy Beane, his regrets, his agony, his daring, his joy, his riskiness, his strong will and much more, come alive in this movie.  I loved it. 

No comments: