Friday, December 28, 2012

Three Beautiful Things 12/27/12: Investigating Delta Ponds, "A Late Quartet", Birthday Dinner at Billy Mac's

1.  After enjoying a birthday breakfast of smoked salmon eggs Benedict at Cornucopia, I spent a couple of hours at Delta Ponds investigating areas I hadn't been to before and taking pictures.  No rain made the walking and picture taking especially enjoyable.

2.  I had read a retrospective of Christopher Walken's acting career in the NYT earlier this fall and had been waiting for the movie "A Late Quartet" which inspired the article.   The movie moved me.  I admit, I'm ready and easy to move at movies, but, all the same, I was moved and this movie will stay with me for a while.  That's really all I ask of a movie:  Move me.  Stay with me.

3.  After some deliberation, I decided I wanted to eat my birthday dinner at Billy Mac's and am I ever glad I did.  Billy was grilling the blackened rib eye steak with bleu cheese and caramelized onions, accompanied by garlic mashed potatoes and perfectly steamed fresh vegetables.  I had a great time shooting the breeze with Derrick and John, got in a lot of good laughs, and had a great time.  Had I gone to the other places I thought about, it would have been a dinner of solitude, which is fine most times, but on this particular evening, I'm glad I went to my neighborhood bar and grill and wasn't alone.

No comments: