Monday, June 3, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 06/02/13: Series Finished, Back Yard Progress, Quinoa Salad

1.  I finished, for now, the short series of blog posts remembering the week Dad died in 1996.

2.  I made the most progress I've made all spring in the back yard.  Mostly, I weeded and took out a young, unwanted holly bush.  I'm making steady progress toward putting in a new flower bed of some sort in the area where we once thought we might build a deck. 

3.  Mr. Turner and the Deke both suggested at one time or another that I make a tabbouleh-style salad built around quinoa. I've made such a salad with brown rice and I've made it with couscous.  The Deke had also suggested that I use basil instead of parsley.  So I took their suggestions and combined quinoa, cucumber, tomato, feta cheese, kalamata olives, almonds, basil, olive oil, and lemon juice. The result was mighty tasty. 

No comments: