Monday, June 24, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 06/23/13: Isaiah 65: 1-9, The Power of a Positive Restaurant, Corgi Photos

1.  I'm telling you, I'm assigned about one Old Testament reading a month at St. Mary's Episcopal Church to read during the Eucharist and they are always good readings, but sometimes they are beyond good.  Today was such a day.  I read Isaiah 65:1-9.  If you feel so inclined, look it up.  Read it aloud.  Try to me true to the variety of tones in this reading, to the different voices.  Enjoy what it has to say, too.  Reading it this morning, I didn't want it to end.  I sure enjoy that the church lets me be a lector, a reader of Old Testament lessons.  (Or, you and I might prefer calling them Hebrew Bible lessons...)

2.   Christy and I deliberated and deliberated over where to have dinner and decided to go to the noisy (in a good way) and upbeat eclectic eatery called Beaches.  OK.  My margarita was kind of lousy.  But after that, my bleu cheese salad and New York steak was solid and the cognac I had on the rocks was a nice evening capper.  We had a very attentive waiter who I think would have gone to Powell's and picked up a book on fly fishing if we'd asked him and it was kind of fun being in a restaurant with so much positive energy.  (I mean about 75 employees greeted us when we came in and as we left about 75 more asked us how things were and told us good-bye.  I half expected Oprah to pop up and remind me and Christy that "the greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.")

3.  I really appreciated Nicole posting fifteen (fifteen!) pictures of Maggie and Charly on my Facebook page.

1 comment:

Desert Diva said...

I used to be a lector when I was a member of the Catholic church. Somehow, I miss that...