Thursday, June 13, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 06/12/13: Farewell Disgruntled Student, Stanley Cup at Billy Mac's, THREE Overtimes

1.  I put the disgruntled student I played in five interviews to rest today after the last interview.  I bid him farewell at the corner of Broadway and Pearl, near the Greyhound station, before I dropped in at Noodle Bowl to have a spicy chicken bento box.  I really don't know if I'll ever see him again, but I got to like him over the last six or seven days.

2.  The Stanley Cup finals opened tonight.  The Deke's brother and three adult kids were at the Blackhawks/Bruins game in Chicago and she and I went to Billy Mac's and watched the game for three periods.  It was really fun to see the 'Hawks battle back from a 3-1 deficit and tie it, but we decided we couldn't stay for overtime.

3.  Make that the THREE OVERTIMES.  Ha!  Well, two and a half periods of overtime.  I came home and watched the overtime periods online and marveled at the stamina of these hockey players and couldn't believe the plays Corey Crawford, with a little help from his friends, made in front of the goal. Ditto Tuukka Rask.  How did these goalies maintain their concentration over the course of about 112 minutes of hockey.  And it's not like the Bruins' goalie, Rask, whiffed at the game winner.  The puck ricocheted off a stick and bounced off a  knee before sliding past Rask.  

No comments: