Sunday, June 16, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 06/15/13: It's Not a Golf Course, Just Don't Have It Today, Live from the United Center

1.  With the rain showers having ended, I got out the push mower and cut the front lawn.  Unlike the power mower, the push mower cuts unevenly, misses some grass, but it gives me a little workout, especially when the grass is a little wet and longer than usual.  I thought back to the ten minutes Marty from Rexius spent here about a month ago, giving me advice about lawn care.  Her advice is working.  The lawn doesn't look like a fairway at Augusta, but it's coming right along.

2.  Russell and I have been going on photo strolls for quite a while.  I'd say we started going out regularly in the fall of '09, but I might have that wrong.  No matter.  It's been quite a while.  Today, for the first time, neither one of us was feeling it.  Russell was bushed after a demanding several weeks at school and I was just lethargic (for no good reason).  So we had a very tasty lunch at Pure and each purchased an iced drink at El Pato (my iced mocha was really good) and sat on the market porch facing 5th Street.  We talked about movies, television programs, the NBA, and other things; we watched a train go by; we watched some people; I only took about three pictures; Russell took several.  It was a cool afternoon, out of character, and very relaxing.

3.  The Deke sent me a handful of text dispatches from the United Center in Chicago while watching the Blackhawks and the Bruins battle to a 1-1 tie.  The Bruins scored in the first overtime, so while the Deke did not have the thrill of seeing the 'Hawks win, she got to experience Stanley Cup hockey, live, in person, with her brother.  I enjoyed experiencing a tiny bit of it vicariously. 

No comments: