Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 06/25/13: Drizzly Day for Roses, Uninspiring Huber's, Home Again/Corgis Again

1.  For how I like things, the cool, gray, drizzly morning was perfect for Christy and me to take in the seemingly endless varieties of roses and other flowering plants (like fuchsia, irises, lilies, hostas, hydrangea, and many more) at the Portland Rose Garden in Washington Park.  We took a bunch of pictures, had a few good laughs with people we didn't know, and enjoyed the splendid experience of all those roses.

2.  We had lunch downtown at Huber's, Portland's oldest restaurant.  I'd go back for a cocktail in a fine old atmosphere, but my barely lukewarm, almost chilly, clam chowder and very ordinary, afterthought of a Caesar salad didn't inspire me to want to return to eat.  Now if I find out from someone who lives in the Portland area that I must have caught Huber's on a bad day, then I'd give it another go.  I enjoyed being there, but not eating at Huber's.

3.  Navigating downtown and the Washington Park area and walking among the roses left Christy and me in need of a nap.  It was refreshing and gave me the rest I needed to head on down I-5, which was all clear from the top of Portland to the outskirts of Eugene, and arrive home where the corgis were relaxed and content.  Thanks Nicole and Zoe!

No comments: