Saturday, June 15, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 06/14/13: Bijou Metro Matinee, Gabfest, Jade Palace Overload

1.  The new Bijou Metro that opened downtown shows matinees every single day of the week and this makes me almost deliriously happy.  Today I watched an 11:25 screening of "Angel's Share".  I enjoyed myself a lot:  the movie featured splendid characters from Glasgow and Manchester, a gritty, dangerous working-class world, tight acting, and an unexpected story line (kind of a fairy tale) that included a plunge into the world of distilling whiskey.  I had a great time.

2.  Michael, MB, and I sat down over coffee and gabbed for nearly two hours about millions of things and Michael and I continued the conversation in the Brails parking lot and talked about a million more.

3.  When I'm home alone, I often purchase a family dinner for two to go from Jade Palace and it gives me a meal and then a ton of Chinese food leftovers to pick at for a couple of days.  I know, I know...these family dinners do not necessarily feature the best in Chinese food, but it always works for me and sure did tonight.  It's one of a small handful of things I enjoy doing when the Deke is out traveling the world.

No comments: