Friday, August 16, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 08/15/13: Confusion at the Gas Pump, Home Again, Bolting to Billy Mac's

1.  After a relaxing morning at Christy's and an easy drive to Spokane,  I got all mixed up at the Exon station where Wall Street turns in Waikiki in north Spokane with paying ahead, which buttons to push, when to take the nozzle out of the station tank, etc.  and the guy who runs the place could not have been more understanding, patient, and helpful.  If I lived in Spokane, even if gasoline were 100 bucks a gallon at his station, this is where I would go...and it's where I always went back in 1974-78.

2.  My flight from Spokane to Seattle and Seattle to Eugene went without anything lousy happening.  Yes, our flight was delayed for a while in Seattle, but everything else, even the turbulence, was painless and I was able to find a taxi right away and get right home where the dogs were happy to see me and where Zoe and Nicole showed up in case I wasn't home yet and I had a fun time talking to them, even if I was a little out of it after a day of driving and flying.

3.  Once I got things taken care of with the dogs, I bolted out the door and jetted over to Billy Mac's and had a couple of cool, refreshing 7 and 7s and ordered a chunk of salmon atop a hillock of fettuccine and pesto with some delicately sauteed carrots right there in the bowl.  I had hardly eaten all day and this meal was awesome, especially when I paired it with a glass of King's Estate Pinot Gris.  Indulgent?  Yes.  Happy-making?  You bet!

No comments: